Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bitten By the Bug

Oy, I think I caught p.j.'s illness of last weekend.  I swore I wouldn't get it, so maybe it's just something else.  Either way, I feel pretty ick today.

Last night found me lying on the couch, thumping my Nike+ sensor on the couch in order to rack up some time.  This cheat was justified by my iPod cheating me on my morning run.  While p.j. was dropping me off, I noted that my iPod was dead.  Oh.  No biggie, I can still run.  But I want credit for my run!  I timed the run and clocked the mileage on the way to work, then duplicated it as best as possible with the cheat for my records.  Let me tell you, it's not so easy to fool Nike+.  It was hard work getting it to buy my faux run!  This morning p.j. did another drop off, and this time I had a fully charged iPod, and Nike+ did its thing as I did mine. My lungs labored more than normal, for sure, but the rest felt great.

In the mornings, I have been bundling up the nekkid spots in order to avoid having that one miserable piece of flesh in agony.  I am even warming my air.  p.j.'s is loaning his windstopper/face warmer to me, which is keeping my nose from the intense ache of huffing on cold air.  A fleece earwarmer headband and a fleece beanie both keep my ears and head nice and cozy.  p.j. is also loaning me a fleece neck warmer.  Fleece gloves, a flashlight and...other protection are the final touches.  Did I mention all of these items are black, as were my pants?  p.j. took a picture (while snickering), which I will try to post.  The whole ninja effect was ruined when I donned my bright orange jacket.  Oh, well I guess ninjas don't generally wear white running shoes either, eh?