Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Skirt and a Great Run

How could I forget? I finally got to wear one of my new running skirts yesterday!  I was so excited, first that it was warm enough for bare legs, and second that I got to wear that cute, comfy thing.  And boy how comfy it is.  It's a Northface - I suppose I should take a picture - and doesn't pinch, bind or chafe in one single place.  It's a wrap-around style, yet the strong wind that whipped up couldn't manage to expose the undershorts.  The pocket inside is perfect for my iPod Touch and there's even a little reinforced hole up near the waistband for the headphones to feed through.  This is probably normal in everyone else's running clothes, but new in mine!

The run itself was pretty slow (more so than usual, even), but it felt great.  I hit that stage where "the body is machine", and it would take more energy to stop the momentum than to just keep running.  I had forgotten that was even a thing.  I also had forgotten I am in the stage of encouraging myself to get out there specifically by running slowly enough to feel great, so this was a good reminder (after the pride hit, of course).