Thursday, April 29, 2010

5:30 am Is My Friend

So far, so good!

Last night I ran through visualizations of the morning process, this time including getting into running clothes.  I didn't visualize finishing the dressing process or getting out the door, because I'm far too easily distracted by shiny thoughts to keep my focus that long.

p.j.'s alarm - of the very same radio station as mine is set to - went off half hour earlier than mine.  I jumped up, then got a bit confused.   I was trying to use my conscious thoughts to figure out whether I was properly following my subconscious plans.  Interesting.  I was too paranoid about missing my alarm to just go back to bed (p.j. told me it was his alarm), but I didn't want to get off my schedule.  I had to pee so badly that I had been dreaming about trying to find a place to pee (thank goodness I didn't find one), so I went to the bathroom with the lights off so as not to awaken myself too much.  Then I worried that I would mess up my waking routine by not turning the light on.  Yet I wasn't getting up just then, so...meanwhile, p.j. got up and hit snooze.  Yikes, I didn't think about that.  How am I to train myself not to snooze when I have to endure my husband's multi-snoozing?

My poor little frightened bean considered my options, then decided to go back to bed until my alarm went off.  By the time it did go off, I had to check the time to be sure it really was my alarm.  I jumped up, turned the alarm off, went into the bathroom, got a little confused, turned the light on, got dressed, took my vities, brushed my nasty mouth (I had forgotten to visualize the last two steps, but it worked out) and went out to join p.j., chipper and alive.

p.j.'s schedule happened to facilitate a cross town drop off, so we headed out together in the Jeep.  The sky was a deep blue with dark clouds; it was totally dark the last time I had run so early.  I kissed him goodbye then took off, full of energy.  The route just happened to be a 5k, and I ran a sub 10 minute mile average, which is new for me.  Tell me I wasn't excited!  9'46" average mile.  Slow stuff for folks, but I'm new here.

As for the rest of the day, I'm tired!